Blogger Job Description
THE CITY PRODIGIES INC is a fast growing startup company and community that holds their hometown at heart. We want to put a spotlight on the artistic scene of major cities to attract more communication and more opportunities into the city. Our website’s core focus is to publish interesting articles but at the same time, we have created a perfect platform for creatives to self promote their work. Our goal is to educate people on different art forms and creatives that deserve to be found. A city without art is a city without life. Utlimately, our intention is to nourish our cities and to showcase amazing artists with the world.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for individuals that are primarily responsible for conceptualizing, writing, editing and promoting our website’s blogs. The blogger should come up with post ideas, conduct research for each post, write in an engaging and clear manner, check their work for errors, find relevant photos to include with the post and publish the post on a specific date.
Blogger Duties and Responsibilities
In order to ensure that your post is up to date, free of mistakes and viewed by as many readers as possible, you should perform a plethora of tasks. Here are few examples:
Before a blog post can be written, the Blogger first has to decide what it’s going to be written about. Bloggers need to take tone, style, marketing goals and target audience into account. Bloggers will also need to find recent data on their readership through a number of digital analytical tools.
Write and Edit
As you might expect, writing and editing take up the bulk of a Blogger’s time. Once an idea for a post has been approved, Bloggers must write the article from scratch. Because of this, superb writing skills are a must, especially in regards to clarity and readability. Additionally, Bloggers must also be able to thoroughly edit each post draft and eliminate awkward wording, misspellings, inaccuracies, inconsistencies and grammatical errors.
In today’s world, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is no longer optional. Instead, it’s a strict requirement for all Bloggers who want to gain more readers. Depending on their level of experience (or their desire to learn), Bloggers can be in charge of anything from inserting basic keywords to deploying advanced, scalable SEO strategies.
Promote the Blog
A Blogger’s work is not done once a post has been published. Rather, a Blogger must devote time and energy to promoting the blog through the use of social media platforms, connections, advertisements or email blasts. If they are successful, the blog will receive a greater number of unique hits.
Engage the Audience
Bloggers know that there are few things an audience loves more than feeling acknowledged and understood. Because of this, it is vitally important for Bloggers to interact with their readers as much as possible. This typically occurs in the form of comment exchanges, but can also include the publication of posts based on the requests of the readers.
Successful Bloggers are insightful, highly creative individuals who thrive not only on being inspired but also on inspiring others. They are just as adept at using their imagination and looking at things from an abstract perspective as they are at focusing on minute details and polishing a piece of content to perfection. In addition to these general skills and abilities, we are seeking Bloggers with the following skills:
- Organization: In order to keep their editorial calendar up to date and juggle several due dates concurrently, Bloggers must be exceptionally organized.
- Topical Experience: If a Blogger is writing about fashion, they should probably be able to prove that they know a thing or two about fashion themselves. This principle applies to all potential blog topics, from finances to baking.
- Communication Skills: Unless they’re the only person involved in their blog, Bloggers will frequently need to collaborate with multiple different people in order to produce the best possible content.
- Adaptability: To keep their blog as consistent and uniform as possible, Bloggers must be able to adapt to writing and editing in a certain style and tone. This is especially true if they’re managing multiple different blogs.
- Analytical Skills: In the interest of understanding and catering to their audience as comprehensively as possible, Bloggers will need to analyze and interpret several sets of raw data pertaining to reader demographics, monthly visitors, return visitor rates, the number of clicks per link and the amount of time each visitor spent browsing.